Random home videos

I don't know what this will become yet. But, Google insisted on me giving them a URL when I uploaded a video to them, so I figured I'd better set something up. Let's see what happens!

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Why why why

Well, you can blame google. I wanted to try out their new Google video service. If nothing else, I figured it'd be a much easier way for me to share occasional home movies with friends & family, without me having to deal with burning them onto disks or emailing.

But, they insisted on having a URL as part of the submission. So, I figured I'd set up a blog which can not only serve as the URL but also I can add a post whenever a new video has been uploaded & accepted by Google.

So far, I'm just testing it out and have uploaded only one video - a 25 second montage of some cute animals Dave took when he visited Healesville Sanctuary last week. I don't know how long it'll take for Google to process, we'll just have to wait and see!

As soon as it goes 'live' I'll post another entry with a link to it.

UPDATE (Apr 2011): now that Google video is no more, I've gone through the tedious process of migrating everything over to Vimeo and updating the links on here. Hopefully I never have to do that again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home