Random home videos

I don't know what this will become yet. But, Google insisted on me giving them a URL when I uploaded a video to them, so I figured I'd better set something up. Let's see what happens!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Banska Bystrica ice-skating videos (Nov 1985)

These are a collection of the various routines for some skaters from the Australian team competing at Banska Bystrica in November 1985. Banska (as we called it) was an annual fixture on the Eastern European junior figure skating competition circuit... lots of skaters competed in this & the sister competition in Olomouc as a warm-up for the Junior World championships which followed a few weeks after.

I figure these videos aren't going to be of interest to many people besides a few relatives & old skating friends, but I figured Google was a safe place to store it & easiest to share. I've included everyone's full names as I've lost touch with many of them so figured that one day perhaps if they google'd themselves they might come across it(!)

Fleur and Mark: Pairs


Lyn and Duncan: Dance


Sean: Mens


Finally, here's some footage of a party on the last night which I found at the end of the tape. It's quite amusing, if only to see the dodgy 1980's clothes! Basically it is a late night tour of the hotel we stayed at with much messing around.



If any of you do find this please get in touch... just leave a comment on the blog. (And of course, if you'd like me to take the videos of you down just say so). Also, I have videos of quite a few other skaters in this event from other countries... there are no names so I can't tell who any of them are but if you competed in this event in this year and can tell me what you looked like I can try and unearth it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:18 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Skaters

Well it has made me smile and laugh. What a flash back. Brilliant.
Love to see all again some time.
Such a wonderful time. A great success for Australia to have a full team.
Lots of love to all who know me,
Fleur Armstrong
fleurfitness@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home