Random home videos

I don't know what this will become yet. But, Google insisted on me giving them a URL when I uploaded a video to them, so I figured I'd better set something up. Let's see what happens!

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Me as a baby! (1970)

Dad sent over some old reels of Film which I had professionally converted to VHS so I could see what was on them. (We used Aarchive Film who I'd recommend if anyone else in UK is seeking help doing this). There's lots of interesting clips from this but my favourite so far is the footage of me as a baby!

Here are some clips:

Me as a baby, aged 9 weeks according to Mum, being given a bath and then a bottle from Dad


Me, aged around 7 months, playing & being generally fussed over. My favourite parts of this are the piggy-back ride; me stubbornly refusing to move; 'walking' with Gran holding me upright; and learning to splash in my first swimming pool! There's also a very cute little red horse pram thing that I don't remember at all but Mum says I loved and she used to push me in all over East Kew.


All are filmed at Gran and Grampy's old house which was at 40 Belford Road, East Kew in Melbourne Australia. I especially love the (now very trendy and retro) kitchen you can see in the start of the second clip. Mum says that it was trendy originally in the 1950's but out of fashion by the time this was filmed, but Gran still liked it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home