Random home videos

I don't know what this will become yet. But, Google insisted on me giving them a URL when I uploaded a video to them, so I figured I'd better set something up. Let's see what happens!

Friday, September 16, 2005

Gran & Grampy (1968)

This is a collection of clips of my Grandma Olga (known to us as either 'Gran' or 'Grannilumpkin') and Grandpa Lindsay (known as 'Grampy').



First, there's a clip of Gran getting out of the family car - which was shared by my Mum and Grampy - going into East Kew State school. Mum says she's pretty sure this was Gran on her way to do her cleaning job there.

Then, a short clip of Gran, Grampy and some unknown lady in Gran's lounge. We think this is at their house opposite the old fire station in East Kew (40 Belford Road). I can even recognise some of the chairs and the curtains in this clip as they were kept and re-used at Gran & Grampy's retirement house!

A small interlude of some of Grampy's roses - of which he was very proud - and finishing on one of my favourite clips... This shows Grampy, who died when I was 10, feeding a wild bird he'd befriended in the front garden at the Belford Road house. The film reel says the bird is 'Larch' but whether this was the bird's nickname or breed, I don't know. This clip is special because there are so few clips of Grampy as he hated being filmed. You can also see the family car in the background.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home