Random home videos

I don't know what this will become yet. But, Google insisted on me giving them a URL when I uploaded a video to them, so I figured I'd better set something up. Let's see what happens!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Grandma

Gran died a few months ago. She'd been sick for a long time so it wasn't a surprise but it was still very sad and we miss her a lot. This has been the first Christmas without her. When I was going through some of the camcorder film I found various clips of Gran. This is a compilation.

Gran and her Gorbo toy - Gorbo was a lovely cat who used to belong to Dave and I but when we moved overseas, Gran adopted him. She missed him dreadfully when she had to give him to Dad to look after when she moved into the nursing home, so this was the next best thing.



Gran and her sister Aunty Evelyn - at Ken and Espie's house, cuddling and posing for photographs in their lounge.



Visiting Gran at Sims Lodge - with Mum, Dave and I. Gran is quite lively here, walking around and talking, albeit somewhat gingerly. I especially like how she attacked Mum in the beginning with a barrage of kisses!



Gran in Queenscliff - this was in June 2004, the time I rushed back to Australia for a 4 day visit as Mum told me Gran was ill! It turned out that she rallied and was so well on one of the days I visited her that I got to take her outside for a short wheel around the local shops. This was the last time I was with Gran when she was awake and lively. At the end of this we went to a teashop and everyone - including Gran - enjoyed some tea and cake.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home