Random home videos

I don't know what this will become yet. But, Google insisted on me giving them a URL when I uploaded a video to them, so I figured I'd better set something up. Let's see what happens!

Monday, November 14, 2005

Webb family trip to Alaska (1977)

In January 1977 our family went to Alaska to visit Dad’s relatives. We lived in Australia so this would be a big trip even by today's standards... back then it was even more of an expedition! I've pulled together a collection of old Super8 footage from that trip, mostly featuring us playing in the snow. Dad skis, we all toboggan, a car gets stuck, we watch a dog-sled race, I find an iceberg and we see lots of scenery of fir trees in the snow... As with other of the super8 films, I've added on an audio commentary from Mum. To make it easier to upload, I had to split it into two films:

Part One(sledding, scenery)



and Part Two (ski-ing, cars, dog sledding).



On the way back to Australia, we had a day's stopover in Hawaii while changing plans. This is some footage - part filmed by Mum, part from a tourist roll she bought. It's a bit of a tourist whirlwind view but interesting in a kitsch kind of way. It begins with film out the plane window as we flew over Pearl Harbour. It's also got some footage from Pearl Harbour of the actual battle which Mum filmed at the exhibit. Mostly though it's just nice scenery.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:23 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should keep doing these, please! they are beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home