Random home videos

I don't know what this will become yet. But, Google insisted on me giving them a URL when I uploaded a video to them, so I figured I'd better set something up. Let's see what happens!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

visiting Sovereign Hill (early 1980's)

Sovereign Hill is a touristy old goldmining town in Ballarat, an hour or two's drive outside Melbourne in Australia. This is some video of a visit that Mum took my little brother Pete & little sister Jen on. I'm not with them so my guess is either it was a treat for them to help make up for Mum spending so much time with me at the ice-rink, or it was while I was overseas training. I'm not sure exactly the date but it's early 1980's sometime.



I got quite nostalgic watching this, I'd forgotten how fresh-faced and sweet they both used to be. (This is before teenager-hood hit!) My favourite clip is of them winding up a heavy bucket of sand from a deep pit... Pete manages to bring it to the top, Jen is determined also to do it but she's just not quite tall enough. I also especially like the clip of them buying lemonade, they were so cute & polite!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home