Random home videos

I don't know what this will become yet. But, Google insisted on me giving them a URL when I uploaded a video to them, so I figured I'd better set something up. Let's see what happens!

Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas with the family (Dec 2002)

This is pretty special as it was the last time we got to spend Christmas all together. Dave and I had flown back to Australia and we'd all arranged to stay at a hotel near Gran's nursing home so she could be with us for the grand "present unwrapping" session! This year I think was also the first that both Dave and Paul had been in attendance (Paul had been before but we were overseas). The next day Gran came with us to Uncle Ken & Aunt Espy's for the traditional family BBQ, and Aunt Evelyn (Gran's elder sister) was there too. This is the last time I saw Aunty and Gran together.

There's a couple of clips:

First, Dad and Dave having a Christmas morning walk on the beach opposite the hotel with the dogs - Angie, Dally (the dalmation) and Bonz, also known as Boofhead as he has the largest head of any dog I've ever seen!



Second, Dad and Pete went to pick up Gran and bring her to the hotel. We'd rented a self-catering apartment so we had a big loungeroom where we set up the tree. Dad was master of ceremonies in giving out presents (we rotate it each year) and Dave amused himself by filming the entire thing. I'm sparing you the fullblown 2 hour version; this is just the half hour edited highlights. It was actually pretty funny to listen back to all the wisecracks, Dave especially had a lot of fun teasing Dad.



Finally, this is at Ken and Espie's house where they hosted the traditional BBQ. It was in their garage as that was the only place we could all fit that was out of the sun! I remember it being a very hot day so we all ate lots of cold desserts like Aunty's specialty trifle. There's a lovely bit at the end where you see Gran and Aunty Evelyn having a hug on the sofa.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home