Random home videos

I don't know what this will become yet. But, Google insisted on me giving them a URL when I uploaded a video to them, so I figured I'd better set something up. Let's see what happens!

Friday, January 13, 2006

Fleeting visit to Shanghai (Jan 2006)

Last week I was in Shanghai for a few days. It was for work so I didn't have a chance to do much sightseeing, but even just driving around it was interesting.

This is some video of what it was like. The modern looking skyscrapers and high visibility of western brands in the shop windows made me feel surprisingly at home.

Walking around in one of the main shopping streets...



From the back of a taxi...



One of my favourite parts was going on the Maglev train which is supposedly the fastest in the world. We got up to 430 km/hr! This is some film of the experience.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:31 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the ride, excellent!!

 
At 2:42 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good video. Did you see any signs of wheelchairs in Shanghai, including people in them, curb cuts and transportation for them?
Thanks, surfin@ontera.net

 
At 8:16 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your Mom and Dad's 1969 Guam film. I lived in Guam from 1970 to 75 and Bayview Baptist was our church. I remember all of the potlucks and your Mom and Dad's house along with all of the other buildings. I used to play on the stairs that led down to the main road from the church. I went to the school shown and I lived in several areas shown. My Dad worked for Guam Power Authority (GPA). I can remember my Dad having to leave the house when the power went down. He had to get the power plant back on-line. I believe the monument shown was for Magellen. It was on the South end of the Island. Tarage (sp) Beach was fantastic. Thank you! Tim.
brasspass@comcast.net

 
At 10:04 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not even sure if you blog anymore but i LOVE YOUR VIDEOS--and yes i found them on google haha--
i'm casting for the learning channel and would love to cast your family on "family trip". the idea is to send a familiy on a road trip they took in teh 70's -- like your trip to alaska!!! whatta you think? drop me an e-mail at iwantafamilytrip@yahoo.com

thank you--susie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home