Random home videos

I don't know what this will become yet. But, Google insisted on me giving them a URL when I uploaded a video to them, so I figured I'd better set something up. Let's see what happens!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Maldives (Aug 2002)

We spent a lovely week at the Banyan Tree in the Maldives back in 2002. It was their off-season and they were building a new entrance pavilion, so we got a fantastic deal in terms of prices. The weather was still perfect, and the added bonus was that we almost had the island to ourselves! Off-season was definitely a great time to go.

This is a compilation of some of the film we took walking around the island, playing in the sea, etc. It was a lovely place, watching this brought back a lot of memories.



One of the highlights for me of the trip was the local wildlife. This video is a compilation of some of my favourites. It includes a sea turtle, friendly wild stingrays that came up to the beach each night for petting, a lovely cute hermit crab, fish playing 'football' with breadrolls we threw to them, and some of the luckiest hens in the world.



UPDATE (Apr 2011): I don't remember making this but apparently a few years ago I put together a compilation of the best clips set to music. Here tis:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home